We take your child’s safety seriously
In accordance with guidelines and order released by Centers for Disease Control and Prevention the State Missouri Department of Health and Human Services, the Boone County Health Department and the City of Columbia Department of Health, we adhere to a strict protocol which includes:
- Sanitizing all classrooms throughout and at the end of each day
- Checking temperature on arrival for all students and staff
- Limiting group sizes
- Creating stable groups of the same students and staff in the same classrooms
- Regular hand washing for all students and staff with soap and water
- Hand sanitizer readily available at all sign in locations
- Students or staff who appear to be ill are asked to stay home
- All students and staff are screened, including temperature checks, upon arrival
Employee Protective Measures
- Employees wash hands often with soap and water. If soap and water are not readily available, alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol is utilized.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces.
- Cover cough and sneezes.
- Cover of the mouth and nose with a face covering when you have to go out in public.
- Face coverings should NOT be put on babies and children under age two because of the danger of suffocation.
Sick Children & Staff
- Effectively communicate to parents the importance of keeping children home when they are ill.
- Staff are vigilant in watching for symptoms and staying in touch with Administration if or when they or a student in their care start to feel ill.
- Established procedures to ensure children and staff who become ill while at Tiger Tots are sent home as soon as possible.
- Established procedures for children feeling ill and staff to be separate from well children and staff until they can be sent home.
- Ill staff members are monitored to make sure they do not return to work until they have met the criteria established by the School Guidance Decision Tree published by the CDC.
Parents and staff who have a fever of 100.40 (38.00C) or above or other signs of illness will not be admitted to the facility. Parents and staff are asked to be on the alert for signs of illness in their children and to keep them home when they are sick. We will screen each child upon arrival.
Additional information is available from the City of Columbia Guidance for Business, pages 25-29.